Ammann ARS 122 Soil Compactor
Ammann ARS 122 Single Drum Rollers have earned praise from contractors who tested the machines on multiple jobsites in Indonesia.
The machines worked on varied materials such as soil, gravel and limestone. They compacted at depths ranging from 15 cm to 50 cm.
Those who tested the compactors liked what they saw – across all depths and material types. Applications included a dam, a housing development, a port, several toll roads, a warehouse and an industrial project.
Here are some of the comments from contractors who tested the ARS 122:
- The machine is stable and comfortable, and the performance is efficient. The machine looks modern. The engine is low, which improves visibility.
- The vibration is powerful. The look is modern. The roller is easy to operate, and the engine is powerful.
- It’s very maneuverable. The seat is comfortable and there is no heat from the floor. Vibration automatically shuts off when in the neutral position, which is nice. The body is shorter, which improves visibility.
- It’s comfortable to operate. The compaction power is strong, and the machine is maneuverable. Visibility is very good to both the front and the rear.
- We like the operator comfort, high centrifugal force and all-around performance – and the fact the machine needs fewer passes to complete the work.
- It has high centrifugal force and good vibration. The Cummins engine is easy to maintain. Service accessibility is good. We like the comfort and manoeuvrability.
Operating weight: 10 100 kg
Maximum weight: 12 280 kg
Drum width: 2130 mm
Engine: Cummins – 74 kW (99 HP) Bharat Stage III (equivalent to Tier 3)
Frequency I: 32 Hz / Frequency II: 35 Hz
Amplitude I: 1.85 mm / Amplitude II: 0.9 mm
Centrifugal force I: 275 kN / Centrifugal force II: 160 kN