ARX 90.2 Serves Key Market Segment
LANGENTHAL, Switzerland – Ammann has released a new heavy roller for the Indian market.
The ARX 90.2 Articulated Heavy Tandem Roller, in the 9-tonne weight class, serves a highly demanded market segment. It provides one of the highest compaction outputs in its weight range.
It is manufactured at Ammann India in Mehsana, Gujarat.
The roller features the Ashok Leyland H4C47422 engine, which is CEV Stage IV compliant.
A powerful, two-stage vibratory system – combined with drum dimensions and multiple amplitude and frequency settings – provides productivity and flexibility in both soil and asphalt applications.
The varied settings expedite compaction of loose sub-base materials, such as gravel, as well as asphalt, including thick lifts. The frequency and amplitude ranges help the machine successfully reach compaction goals in fewer passes.
Applications include highways and city/municipal roads; PMGSY (urban-rural connectivity); airports; port distribution hubs; industrial developments; roads for power and steel plants; Formula 1 roadways; and smart city developments.
The machine’s propulsion system is unique to the market. It utilises an efficient hydraulic system, traction control and speed sensors. This enables smooth starts and stops that improve mat quality when working on asphalt.
The location of the engine in the rear of the roller is another advantage. This placement helps drive vibration away from the operator and toward the compaction target. It also improves visibility and redirects heat from the operator, thereby increasing comfort.
The compactors are designed to bring productivity to varied jobsites. The ARX 90.2:
- Thrives in multiple applications thanks to its drum dimensions, frequencies and amplitudes
- Provides one of the highest compaction outputs in its weight range
- Has maximum working speed of 7 km/h, maximum travel speed of 12 km/h and gradeability up to 35% with vibration
- Optimises power and hydraulic systems for minimal fuel consumption – one of the lowest in its weight range
- Features high dynamic impact to increase compaction penetration as needed
- Offers large water tank capacity of 1000 litres
Several features help keep operators comfortable and fresh throughout the shift:
- An ergonomically designed operator platform with excellent visibility
- A clear, reliable dashboard with all controls within operator reach
- Minimum vibration and heat exposure from the engine to the operator station thanks to engine location in rear frame
The machines are engineered to keep maintenance – and the costs that go with it – to a minimum:
- A large hood provides easy access to the engine compartment
- Ground access to all service and maintenance points offers convenience
- Self-lubricating bearings reduce upkeep and prolong component life
- High centrifugal force in 9te category
- Self-lubricating drum bearings
- Single electronic joystick
- Smooth start and smooth stop function
- Foldable sun roof canopy as standard
- Largest single water tank capacity (1000 litres)
- CEV IV compliant Engine with cleaner and greener emission at rear frame
- Optimized hydraulic oil tank capacity
- All round visibility and easy serviceability from ground
|Double Drum Roller||Unit||ARX 90.2|
|Centrifugal Force – Front & Rear (High)||KN||78|
|Centrifugal Force – Front & Rear (Low)||KN||67|
|Rated power @ Rated RPM||[email protected]||54.4 @ 2200|
|Exhaust Gas – After Treatment||DOC|