Looking for ways to add efficiency – and cost savings – to your plant operations? Here are a few easy steps to get you started.
1. Whenever possible, avoid start/stop production. Its negative impact on fuel consumption is significant.
2. After production, don’t cool down your plant. Stop the baghouse as early as possible to reduce fuel usage.
3. Don’t overheat your material. It wastes fuel.
4. Make sure materials are dry. See the earlier blog on moisture for details.
5. Use the proper raw gas temperature. The mineral dryer blog offers more specifics.
6.Regularly review and clean your lifters. They can’t provide the proper curtain if they’re worn.
7. Keep negative pressure consistent. The blog on negative pressure offers further explanation.
8. Properly maintain burners for optimal combustion and higher efficiency. The blog on burner maintenance explains how.
These steps can be implemented without disruption to your plant operations. While simple, their positive impact on production costs can be substantial.