Eliminates Machine Passes and Prevents Damage to Materials
LANGENTHAL, Switzerland – Ammann has released a new, highly advanced Intelligent CCC system (Continuous Compaction Control) for soil and asphalt compactors.
Ammann has been a leader in Intelligent Compaction since 1998, when it launched the first ACE product . ACEpro is the newest generation of Ammann Compaction Expert (ACE) products – products that have proven themselves in the field for decades. This next generation takes the essential ingredients from previous products while adding leading-edge technologies.
The system, ACEpro, provides absolute compaction measurement, meaning that measured kB value (MN/m) can be easily correlated with laboratory measurements. It also automatically adjusts frequency and amplitude based on those measurements and the compaction targets. The adjustments improve efficiency and quality by sending optimal force into the ground.
No additional display is required, because ACEpro is fully integrated into the machine’s central display. This maintains clear sight lines from the cab to the jobsite for convenience and safety.
The display is intuitive and highly visible. It presents a clear, simple dialogue that leads the operator through the compaction process – in the most efficient way. Straightforward graphics enable effortless monitoring of compaction progress.
Operators are able to monitor progress in real time and assess when compaction has been achieved. This knowledge eliminates unnecessary passes of the machine – and all the costs they bring in terms of fuel, machine wear and labour. ACEpro also prevents overcompaction, which can lead to drum jumping and damaged materials or reduced machine lifetime.
The system is available on Ammann tandem roller ARP 95 used in asphalt compaction, and single drum rollers ARS 110 and ARS 130 utilised on soil and aggregates.
Several modes make control easy for operators of all skill levels. Through the display, the operator selects from:
- AUTOMATIC mode: vibratory parameters (amplitude and frequency) are automatically controlled and adjusted by the machine based on compaction targets, measurements and conditions
- MANUAL mode: the operator can pre-select amplitude and frequency
- USER mode: the operator can pre-select settings based on known parameters from previous applications
The ACEpro can also be combined with ADS/GPS systems for accurate jobsite documentation.
ACEpro key features include:
- Provides compaction measurement and automatic frequency and amplitude control, depending on compaction measurements
- Precisely measures and evaluates material stiffness in absolute values (MN/m)
- Delivers the highest compaction efficiency by sending optimal force into the ground
- Eliminates drum jumping and therefore minimises the risk of over-compaction or material destruction
- Intuitive system operation and adjustments fully integrated in machine main display
- Graphical visualization of actual compaction progress in real time
- Can be combined with GPS systems for precise jobsite documentation