A municipality in Germany will put its new Ammann roller to work on an almost daily basis.
The city of Freital purchased an Ammann ARX 16-2 Light Tandem Roller earlier this year. The machine will maintain municipal roads and paths and is likely to be used nearly every day of the summer, according to city officials.
The 1.5-tonne Ammann ARX 16-2 replaces an older Ammann roller.The new roller was painted with special colours and equipped with an edge cutter.
The city’s tender specified a lightweight, articulated ride-on roller that works flush with kerbs and other obstacles and eliminates the need for additional edge compaction. The Ammann roller meets all these standards.
- The Ammann ARX 16-2 Tandem Roller can work with drums in-line or off-set, enabling homogenous compaction against obstructions – and productivity in more open spaces.
- Operators of all experience levels find the machine easy to control, in part because of the automated intelligent functions (such as Automatic Vibration Control (AVC), integrated parking brake, soft/hard mode).
- Soft drive enables smooth, steady adjustments to directional changes – particularly important when working on asphalt. Hard drive responds quickly to directional changes.
- Articulation joint with oscillation – Great manoeuvrability and constant contact with the surface are key factors in achieving high quality compaction.
- Sprinkling system – Multi-level filtration system with large water tank for extended intervals between fillings.
- Reduced maintenance – Easy-to-reach maintenance points.
- ECOdrop lessens fuel consumption and reduces the carbon footprint.
- Advanced technologies – Machine usage controlled to bring efficiency, productivity – and enable precise documentation.