Ammann Has Highly Visible Presence at CONEXPO-CON/AGG
Ammann had a successful CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2017, held in Las Vegas earlier this month, with hundreds of customers and prospects visiting the booth, and many climbing to the top of the ABA UniBatch asphalt-mixing plant.
“We had an opportunity to hear from many visitors, and that communication is essential,” said Hans-Christian Schneider, CEO of Ammann. “We discussed the challenges the industry faces and also were able to explain the solutions offered by key Ammann products.”
The Ammann ABA UniBatch was the first asphalt plant ever to be fully assembled for the construction industry trade show. The plant drew much attention, with many visitors taking the opportunity to climb stairs to the top platform of the 27-metre asphalt-mixing plant.
“The ABA UniBatch was highly visible from a literal standpoint,” Schneider said. “The plant also helps mark our entry into the North American asphalt plant market. The ABA UniBatch plant offers green benefits that were not previously available in the North American market.”
Ammann in December announced it had begun North American sales of its asphalt-mixing plants, known worldwide for their innovative approach to recycling.
The Ammann ABA UniBatch utilises high percentages of recycled asphalt (RAP) and includes options such as a noise reduction system, a fumes extraction system, energy-saving software that further reduces emissions and full cladding that lessens dust and provides aesthetic appeal.
Another Ammann plant, the ACM 100 Prime, was displayed at the show. The compact continuous plant is designed for asphalt manufacturers who have a number of small jobs in varied locations and require frequent transport to provide their products. The plant is productive, easy to install and a great recycler.
After-sales support efforts on display included training opportunities and Amdurit®, Ammann’s proprietary wear-protection system. The booth also featured the “brains” of the plant, the industry-leading as1 Control System.
Several light compaction equipment models were on hand. The machines offer a multitude of features, such as intuitive operation and vibration-limiting handles that make the compactors productive, safe and comfortable. The compactors also are user friendly, so operators of all experience levels can be productive immediately.
Heavy compaction equipment – including single drum, tandem and pneumatic rollers – also were present. The machines are known for intuitive control, exceptional visibility, operator comfort, high compaction output and easy access to service points.
The proprietary Ammann Intelligent Compaction systems ACEforce and ACEpro are available on many Ammann rollers. The systems help eliminate unnecessary passes and the costs that go with them.
Among the specific rollers on display were:
- The ASC 110 Tier 3 Soil Compactor, a machine known for its “no-rear-axle” concept that enables stability and traction. ACEforce and ACEpro are options on this compactor.
- The ARP 95 K Tier 4i Pivot-Steer Roller, which offers split drums and ACEforce and ACEpro as options.
- The ARX 90 Tier 4f Articulated Tandem Roller, which features an articulated joint with oscillation for increased coverage and quality. It is available with ACEforce.
- The ARX 26 Tandem Roller, which is lighter and works well in tight spaces and against curbs. It, too, has ACEforce
- The ART 240 T4f Pneumatic Roller, which adjusts easily to varied applications because of its unique ballasting and air-on-the-run system for easy control of tire pressure.
- The ARR 1575 Tier 4f Roller, which offers high compaction output and drum extension kits that can make the machine even more productive.