LANGENTHAL, Switzerland – Asphalt Contractor, a U.S.-based publication dedicated to asphalt producers and contractors, has recognised the Ammann ABP HRT (High Recycling Technology) Asphalt-Mixing Plant as one of the top 30 products of 2019.
Winners of the magazine’s 2019 Top 30 Editor’s Choice Awards represent the construction industry’s most preferred products, equipment and services. The winners, determined by the Asphalt Contractor editorial team and contractors themselves, must pass certain criteria to be considered for the prestigious award.
The editorial team looks at the most searched products on its publishing company’s website, www.ForConstructionPros.com; plant and machine innovations that are gaining attention and traction on the jobsite; and equipment that has sparked social media engagement.
The list of winners also serves as a guide for those in the roadbuilding industry who are searching for product innovation.
“The products chosen reflect the best of the best in the industry,” said Jessica Lombardo, editor of Asphalt Contractor. “From new equipment to trending products, the Top 30 Editor’s Choice Awards is an ideal resource for contractors.”
The Ammann ABP HRT Plant is the perfect fit for asphalt manufacturers who want to incorporate large proportions of recycled asphalt (RAP) without sacrificing production capacity and quality. The plant is capable of producing mix from 100% RAP.
“This award is further evidence that asphalt producers in North America are taking notice of Ammann’s recycling capabilities and the innovations behind them,” said Mark Medeiros, Regional Director North America.
Among the key features of the ABP HRT:
- It is a 2-in-1 plant featuring both warm and cold recycling systems that can be used in combination.
- There are two warm recycling systems to choose from: the conventional RAP dryer for RAP additions of up to 60% and Ammann’s latest development in warm recycling, the RAH100, which can utilise 100% RAP.
- Vertical stacking of the RAP-bearing components reduces wear and sticking and shortens the travel distance of hot RAP material.
- Production capacity is 440 U.S. short tons per hour.
- The plant can utilise foamed bitumen, pigments, solid and liquid additives and shingles.
Additional information on award recipients can be found in the May issue of Asphalt Contractor and at www.ForConstructionPros.com.