Ammann has announced the release of four light tandem rollers that are compliant with Tier 4 Final emissions standards while maintaining the key features of their predecessors.
The tandem rollers – the ARX 12 T4f, ARX 16 T4f, ARX 16 C T4f (a combination roller) and ARX 20 T4f – are the smallest in the Ammann lineup, with weights of about 1.5 tonnes.
The rollers combine exceptional compaction output with an ability to work close against curbs and other obstructions. They utilise side-free drums, which enhance visibility and enable operators to see edges while working against sides. The small size and tight turning radius also enable manoeuvrability.
These and other features eliminate the need for supplementary compaction efforts when working against edges, making the machines popular with contractors.
Other key features:
- An electronic drive lever allows operators to work at optimal speeds while still providing the smooth starts and stops essential on asphalt jobsites
- An intuitive, logically organised dashboard that helps even inexperienced operators succeed
- A 3-stage filtration process for the sprinkling system and a high capacity water tank to extend intervals between refills
- Accessible service points that reduce labor and increase machine uptime
- Maintenance-free parts that entirely eliminate the need for some service efforts
Also available is a combination roller, with a vibrating front drum and pneumatic tyres in the rear. The combination roller makes construction fleets more versatile and is particularly adept at sealing asphalt joints.