The new models are the ASC 110 T4f, ASC 130 T4f, ASC 150 T4f and ASC 170 T4f. Their weights range from 11 tonnes to 17 tonnes.
The new rollers feature the latest Deutz engine and meet all U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage 4 Final emissions requirements. Typical applications include motorways, railways, airfields, rock dams, industrial zones, harbours and residential areas.
The ASC rollers also offer Ammann Compaction Expert (ACE), a proprietary intelligent compaction system. ACE is an automatic measurement, control and documentation system. It can be supported with GPS mapping to provide data regarding the areas the compactor has covered. All measured values can be displayed and evaluated, including the load-bearing capacity of the material, the number of passes, and the frequency and amplitude values.
Two system variations are available on the new ASC compactors. ACEpro measures and evaluates the characteristics of the ground and automatically adjusts the amplitude and frequency accordingly, while ACEforce measures the absolute value of the bearing capacity of the compacted material.
Among other key features of the ASC rollers are:
- The no-rear-axle concept, which enables stability, manoeuvrability and a compact machine design
- A spacious cab design with low sound levels for all-day operator comfort
- A simple and reliable dashboard for intuitive machine control
- Optimal all-around machine visibility for safety and productivity
- Easy access to service and maintenance points for quick and convenient servicing
“We continue to build on our philosophy of providing quicker compaction in fewer passes,” said Vlasta Medek, Ammann’s Commercial Manager. “In addition, the ACE system and intuitive controls help inexperienced operators bring productivity to the jobsite – yet another key impact on profit for our customers.”